You will need to be in a teaching role to complete this qualification. During your studies your will deliver sessions under observation. You must be working with learners in a post‐secondary environment and must meet the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
The full qualification fee for 2021 is $2,380.26, however you can also study the individual courses:
- Learner-Centred Practice $801.07
- Teaching Approaches for Learner Success $382.99
- Assessment and Moderation $598.10
- Perspectives on Learning $598.10
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
Students who have a New Zealand Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (through TANZ eCampus or Training For You) can apply to have the first course of the NZ Cert in Adult and Tertiary Teaching L5 - Learner centred Practice (20 credits) of could be credited to them.